Drug and alcohol addiction is a severe problem in the United States. In fact, it is considered a national epidemic. According to statistics from the National Institute on Drug Abuse, 20.7 million people in the US need treatment for substance abuse, but only about 10 percent of them receive it.
If you or someone you love is struggling with addiction, you may be wondering what your options are for rehab. There are many different rehab programs available, and it can be challenging to decide which one is right for you.
In this article, we will discuss all common substances for rehab, the wide range of possibilities that rehab can help with outside of drugs, and the dangers of and success rate of people who try and rehab at home.
Different Options for Finding a Rehab Program
With so many different options available for rehab, it can be challenging to know where to start. The most important thing to keep in mind is that you are not alone. Whether you are a substance abuser or a loved one, you can find help. Here are some of the most common options for finding the ideal rehab program:
Consult a Professional Health Worker
Once you have decided that you want to seek professional help, your next step is to consult with a professional health worker. This can be your primary care physician, a mental health specialist, or an addiction counselor.
Here you will discuss your unique situation and determine what type of rehab would be best for you. Professionals are likely to work with people in similar situations like yours and can connect you with the resources you need to get started.
Research Different Programs
If you are not sure what kind of rehab program you want or if you want to learn more about your options, then research is vital. The internet is an excellent resource for this, as many websites provide detailed information about different types of rehab programs.
In addition, you can also read reviews from other people who have been through rehab. This can help you get a better idea of what to expect and whether or not a particular program is right for you. Virtual support groups are also a great way to learn more about rehab and connect with other people going through the same thing as you.
Speak with an Addiction Specialist
If you are still struggling to decide which type of rehab program is best for you, speaking with an addiction specialist can be very helpful. Addiction specialists are trained to understand the different types of rehab programs and can help you find the one that is right for you.
In addition, they can also provide you with information about the success rates of different programs and help you understand what to expect during and after rehab.
Types of Drug Rehab in Riverside County
There are various types of therapies and treatments available at rehab centers. The type of program that is right for you will depend on the severity of your addiction, your individual needs, and your personal preferences.
Some of the most common types of drug rehab programs in Riverside County include:
- Inpatient Drug Rehab
Inpatient drug rehab programs are designed for people who need 24-hour supervision and care. These programs usually last for 30 days, but some can be as long as 90 days.
Inpatient rehab programs provide a safe and structured environment where you can detox from drugs, receive therapy, and learn how to live a drug-free life.
- Outpatient Drug Rehab
Outpatient drug rehab programs are for people who find it uneasy about abandoning their everyday life for an extended period. The programs allow people to live at home and continue going to work or school while receiving treatment.
Outpatient rehab programs typically last for 12 weeks, but some can be as long as 24 weeks. These programs provide you with the flexibility to live your life while still getting the treatment you need.
- Partial Hospitalization Programs
Partial hospitalization programs (PHP) are a type of outpatient program designed for people who need more structure and support than traditional outpatient programs can provide.
PHPs usually last for 28 days, but some can be as long as 90 days. These programs allow you to live at home while still receiving the intensive treatment you need to recover from addiction.
- Group Therapy
Group therapy is a treatment option that allows you to share your story, learn from others, and gain support from people who understand what you are going through.
Group therapy can help you learn to cope with triggers, develop healthy coping mechanisms, and build a support system.
- Dual Diagnosis
Mental illness and addiction often go hand-in-hand. Fortunately, a dual diagnosis program can help you recover from both conditions.
Dual diagnosis programs allow you to receive treatment for your mental illness and addiction. This type of program can be very beneficial, as it can help you address the root cause of your addiction.
Finding the Right Rehab Program: What Should You Consider in a Riverside County Drug Rehab
The day-to-day stress of life can be overwhelming. For many people, drugs and alcohol offer an escape from reality.
However, after recommendations from family, friends, or a physician, the decision to enter rehab is often the best one you can make. But to get the best of what Riverside county offers, you need to consider various factors in a facility.
- Location: Riverside County is a large area with many different people and cultures. It’s crucial to find a rehab facility located in a comfortable area for you.
- Cost: The cost of rehab can be prohibitive. However, there are many options available to help you pay for treatment. You may be able to use your health insurance, apply for scholarships or grants, or take out a loan.
- Treatment Options: As mentioned earlier, many different treatment options are available. It’s crucial to find a rehab facility that offers the type of treatment you need. For example, if you are struggling with a dual diagnosis, you will need to find a facility that offers treatment for both your mental illness and addiction.
Benefits of Outside Drug Rehabs
The majority of people who enter rehab are successful in achieving sobriety. While home-based detox and rehab might seem like the most convenient and cost-effective solution, there are several benefits to enrolling in an outside program.
A few of these benefits include:
- You are removed from your drug-using environment. This can be helpful, as it can allow you to focus on your recovery without distractions.
- You have access to around-the-clock care. The help of professionals is always available, which can be beneficial if you experience a medical emergency or question your treatment.
- You are less likely to relapse. Relapse rates are lower for people who complete an inpatient or outpatient rehab program.
- You have access to a wide range of treatment options. While home-based detox and rehab programs may only offer one or two treatment options, external programs usually offer a wide range of treatments, such as individual therapy, group therapy, and 12-step meetings.
- You gain a support system. In addition to professional support, you will be surrounded by people going through the same thing as you. This can be beneficial, as it allows you to share your experiences and learn from others.
When looking for a rehab program, it is essential to weigh your options. Riverside County offers many different types of drug rehab programs that can fit the needs of anyone struggling with addiction.
However, if you are unsure what to look for or need help finding the right program, Shahida’s Place can assist you. We offer trusted and professional advice and a responsive and respectful customer service experience. Contact us today to get started on your road to recovery!